Moneywise Investments Plc trading as MoneywiseQuoteMe.com (treating our clients fairly)
We are committed to protecting your privacy and this document details how we achieve this. Please take time to review our policy carefully as it tells you not only how your personal information will be collected and used by us but also under what conditions we are prepared to accept information from you. By using this website you unconditionally agree to the terms herein.
Personal information, including sensitive personal information, such as your detailed company information, financials or your physical or mental health is used to:
- Assess your particular insurance needs.
- Market your submission or proposal to insurers including at renewal (please refer to third party disclaimer below) and to provide you with estimates or quotes from insurers when these are made available.
- Arrange insurance for you and administering it or otherwise fulfilling our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us and for a reasonable period of time afterwards (as, for example, we may be legally obliged to retain information about you even after your policy has expired) including anticipating and resolving any problems with your service.
- Create new products or services that may better meet your needs and inform you of them; arranging insurance may involve the transfer of personal information including sensitive personal information, to underwriters, agents or service providers, industry regulators and our auditors and they may use it for research and statistical analysis and crime prevention.
- Depending on the circumstances of the insurance, the disclosure of personal information, including sensitive personal information to any of the named entities may involve a transfer outside the jurisdiction of the European economic area. If you have supplied us with personal information, including sensitive personal information relating to a third party, you must make them aware of how we use it as this is the only basis on which we can accept it from you.
We also may use personal information for:
- Research and statistical purposes.
- The investigation or prevention of crime.
- Credit checking purposes.
- Marketing purposes as described below.
Apart from disclosures referred to in this policy, we will not disclose any personal information without your permission unless we are required to do so by law or the direction of a court.
Information Other Than Personal Information
Individuals cannot be identified from this information and it is used only for the purpose of managing our website and improving its functionality. We may from time to time supply the owners or operators of third party sites that are used to reach our website with information relating to the number of users reaching our website from their websites. Again, individuals cannot be identified from this information.
Accuracy of information
We want to keep any information we hold about you accurate. If you would like to view or update the details you supply us with, please contact us at the address below. In certain cases we may charge a small administration fee but we will inform you of this beforehand.
Technology and policies are in place to prevent improper use or unauthorised access in order to safeguard your privacy. We review and update these continually as technology changes and new challenges emerge.
Third Party Disclaimer
We cannot be held responsible for the privacy policies of the insurers that we approach on your behalf and the practices of other websites even if:
- You access them using links on our website; or
- You reached our website from a link on a third party website.
We recommend that you review the policies of every site that you visit and contact their owners and/or operators if you have concerns or questions with regard to the use of your personal data by them.
- By post: MoneywiseQuoteMe .com – Moneywise Investments Plc 442 Romford Road, London E7 8DF
- By email: email@example.com
- By telephone: 020 8552 5521
We may wish from time to time to send you information about our other products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You should let us know if you do not wish to receive this information by writing to us at the address above.
We use personal information about you to:
- Provide you with a quotation.
- Administer your policy if you buy one.
- Maintain and improve the services we provide to you.
Some of the information we ask you to provide may be sensitive. For example, with car insurance you may need to give us information about your physical health and the physical health of other people who will be insured to drive your car. We also need to know about any motoring offences that you or other people who will be insured to drive your car may have. This type of sensitive data will only be used for the specific purpose for which it is provided.
- Process your information in accordance with your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Use reasonable endeavours to ensure that information about you is accurate and kept up to date.
We will not:
- Hold more information about you than is required for the purposes for which it is being collected/processed.
- Keep your information for longer than is necessary, or as required by law.
In addition, your information may be disclosed to:
- The police in response to a request.
- Other bodies in response to legislative/court orders.
You should also be aware that:
- To help prevent fraudulent claims, insurers exchange information with other insurers through various databases.
- To help detect people who break the law by not having motor insurance, insurers will supply details of your motor insurance to a database that can be accessed by the police and other insurers.
To assist navigation on this web site we use 'Sessional' cookies. They do not identify a user by name or obtain personal data from your computer. 'Sessional' cookies are only stored for as long as your browser is running, and expire when it is closed. You can choose to disable 'cookies' via your browser although this may affect your ability to use some of the products and/or services on this web site.
Moneywise Investments Plc. Insurance Group is registered under the Data Protection Act 1988, reference Z6825468. Company's House Registration No: 1358056